10.17.2005

the palm

Today has been such a strange day. I had a difficult test and important presentation due today, so I had every intention of waking up about 5 am to study but I slept through my alarm, which NEVER happens to me, and missed out some opportune study time. I took the test and breezed through the presentation, left school and hurridly drove home in an effort to get to Cila as soon as possible. We hadn't seen each other in over a week and a half, which for us is a substantial amount of time, being that our friendship went from "I don't like her, she's arrogant" to "omigosh, you're my #3 on speed dial" in a matter of days! I am beyond blessed, honored, humbled, and just plain grateful for such an amazing friend...our friendship was so totally ordained by the Lord and I am so excited to see what His plans are for the two of us...I can only imagine the adventures that await us!

Well, I finally got to the Dollars' house where she was babysitting and like every other time we're together, we just sat back and talked about what Jesus was up to. I've been in one of those moods today where something was on my mind, I just didn't know what it was. Was it something I forgot to do....something I left in NYC...I'm not sure. After being totally blessed by a pizza guy, we took a drive in Jeff's car---we needed fresh air--and stayed for about 30 minutes at the overlook on Barry Chapel.. Tears were streaming down my face as I felt an unfamliar wave of emotion and what began as a strong, confident woman, had become transformed into a little girl sitting on her papas lap, reaching out for anything that felt behavior.

Suddenly I felt a holy fear settled in the car and sumbitting to silence was the idea that was the missling link that completed our trio for the evening. I closed my eyes and within seconds, I was resting in the palm of God's hand, each new day rising to form a new wrinkle or spot. His vastness and sovereignity seemed overwhelming---and here I was, this little girl, crying out for anything...a touch, a whisper, a turn of his gaze---anything. I feel his hands in my midst--his palm creating a safe haven, a house of love and hope, a place for me to rest....and simply call home.

his palm...my home.

\

1 Comments:

Blogger priscilla said...

omigosh, you are so freakin amazing! how I love you! you inspire me!

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home