10.18.2005

i am.

My sister always talks about this show called Boston Legal...ever seen it? Well, I hadn't, until tonight, that is. I have to admit, it's quite funny...a somewhat pleasing mix of political humor and the appealing drama of a law firm. Anyway, there's this guy...the Rescue 911 guy...who used to be this high-end lawyer and the best of the best. Over time he began to question his ability and whether he still had what it takes to be the best. This particular episode featured this man take on a huge case...in which he did a phenominal job and closed the show saying in a confident tone: and I AM Denny Crane. I AM.

I am Mallory Paige Gabard. I am the girl who was born into the weaves of a small-town but made with genes that never seemed to fit. I'm the girl who spent hours upon hours sitting in her room reading novels at the age of 10 and the girl who never seemed to understand why racism and judgement loomed over her hometown. I am still the girl who stood in front of the United Nations at age 15 and believed with an overwhelming passion in diplomacy and the spirit of peace that she said to herself "if I have to go to every one of these nations to show them how to live in peace, I'll do it." I'm the girl who said "ok, jesus, I'll believe in you" on my best friend's kitchen floor and knew that somehow, my life would never be the same.

And I am the young woman that followed her heart to a place called Belmont University in Nashville. I am the young woman who met a man named Mark Woodward and got completely wrecked at the feet of Jesus as he poured Holy Spirit upon my very being. I'm the young woman who knew any chance at a 'normal' life was diminished as she relentlessly entered a journey into His heart. I'm the woman who was called "out of reality" and decided if that was the case, she didnt' want reality, she wanted Jesus. And she was the woman who followed His voice to a place called Mozambique, Africa, where she fell in love...in more ways than one. She found a missing piece of her heart in the hands of the poor and hungry and met a man who completely swept her off her feet. A woman who decided that no matter the cost, I would never make a decision based on fear, prejudice or judgement and a woman who was often called naive, but utterly devoted to stand in faith and believe in the promises and goodness of Jesus.

And I am still that woman.

No matter what it might look like...or feel like...I am that woman. The heart inside me for the nations, peace, and culture beats on. The feet that held me through persecution are still holding me up. And the same hunger to simply live a long song for my King that led me across the planet to an unreached people is the same hunger that leads me here, right now, sitting on my purple couch with my sweet puppy, knowing with confidence...I live on.

I am Mallory.

I am.

1 Comments:

Blogger priscilla said...

UUUHHHH omifreakingosh! You are truly amazing! Every time i read your blog you inspire me to be a creative better writter and lover of Jesus. Love ya b/c you are mallory.

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home