10.20.2005

everytime.

Everytime you move your eyes...a new song. Everytime you move your gaze...a new wave.

No one ever said this journey was easy...no one ever said the ride was smooth. But with each step, each move, each valley we must tread through and raging river we must cross...we are moving forward. I used to believe in free will and this concept of 'choosing' really did exist...I was wrong.

It was a beautiful evening in late June when my friend, Laura, and I decided we wanted to leave the missions base in Pemba, Mozambique and hit up the bar for a gin and tonic and have a relaxing night. Ohhh...wait...we're in Pemba, there ARE no bars here. So, we settled for a Chai from Starbucks...hmm...oh, yea, no Starbucks. What we DID finally settle upon is the luxurious 5-star Pemba Beach Hotel right on the beauty of Wimbi Beach...and a diet coke. Anyways, we wanted to stop doing ministry and just have a night to ourselves. Good idea, right? We found a table on the outer porch, creating as close to a "coffee-shop atmosphere" as possible. We just started talking about what the Lord was doing in our lives and we suddenly had this feeling that we weren't alone---we weren't alone at all. It was at this point in my life when I realized "free will" was just an idea used in attempt to feel some sort of control over a life when, in reality, we aren't in control at all...Holy Spirit is.

I began to see how every step, every decision of my life had been shaped and sharpened to design a beautiful creation. Unfinished, yet beautiful. The result?

Me.

You see, when we make the choice to follow our King and accept the fullness of Holy Spirit, we get completely ruined, completely wrecked for life. You can't taste the goodness of God, see the reality of Heaven on Earth, experience the love and compassion of Jesus and pretend to live your life without it...with each experience with Holy Spirit, a seed is planted that says "I want more, I have to have more, I can't live with just this much, I'll do whatever you ask, I'll follow you anywhere." And its only a matter of time before your life becomes a whirlwind of waves...encountering the Father and allowing His gazes, His words, Holy Spirit to be the wind the blows you into the next steps...there is no worry. There is no pressure. When it is time to be released, you will be released...when it is time to slow down and receive, you'll find yourself slowing down and entering a season to receive.

After a train is built, tested and approved, it is placed and locked onto tracks...doing this lessens responsibility on the conductor. They only real power in their hands is whether they choose to move or stay stationary...but they can't get off track. Same with us...we are on the tracks, unable to head the wrong direction if we just allow ourselves to move, flow freely, gracefully to the tunes of Holy Spirit. Allowing ourselves to sing a love song...to Him.

Every time you move your gaze...a new wave...

I don't care where the winds take me Jesus...I'm just along for the ride.

1 Comments:

Blogger priscilla said...

I cant take it! Can I be as good of a writer as you are? U r just to amazing for me! Have I ever told you that u inspire me!

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home