10.23.2005

Now.

So. This weekend has been one of the most life-changing, revelation-filled two days of my life. Seriously. I know people say that all the time but I am totally serious. IT has.

Friday afternoon we (Cila & I) left for our "retreat" and headed into the woods. Welll...not so much. We headed out to Vange and Howard's house and hung out there for a few hours and had an absolutely AAMMMAZING time. We talked for a few hours and started to drive back to the Potters when, as we were passing over a bridge, saw what resembled a man kneeling down, holding a child, and somone else. We totally freaked, conviced they were ghosts or something, but following the Spirit and drove back. Turns out they had a car accident and were waiting on the ambulance to arrive. We had a chance to talk to them and pray...it was amazing to see the Lord's purpose for this time. The enemy's intention to plant a spirit of trauma and curse into this family was obvious...but what was more obvious, and simply overwhelming I might add, was the heart of our Father to intervene and say "NO-this is MY family and MY territory--and I will not allow the enemy to thwart the plans for my people." We went in to this scene and blessed this family with heavenly blessings---I can't even imagine the Lord's plans for these people...

Ya know, this is what life is all about. The purpose of life is to live extravagantly, finding Jesus in every moment of every day. Our Jesus is not dormant...he is on the move, all the time, all we have to do is see it and take notice. I've spent my life dreaming of my plans for the future, wondering what plans the Lord has stored up for me....but you know what? That's all well and good and its true...He DOES have great gifts in the storehouse of heaven...but is already RELEASING good gifts today and if we all keep focusing on tomorrow, we are totally gonna miss out on today....and I refuse to let that happen!

A wise 13-year-old told us an awesome God story today. He followed-up by saying, "And that's just yesterdays...not even todays!"

AND THAT IS SOOOOO IT! Yesterday was great...and tomorrow is gonna be great...but today...today is NOW. The time where God and Holy Spirit are MOVING and we can't miss it...we cant!

So, live each moment, finding the Jesus in every second...freedom resides in the now...

free yourself!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home