11.25.2005

A good few days.

These past few days have been really amazing. I love how Jesus shows up in unexpected ways and places, always catching me offguard. Wednesday morning I woke up and had coffee with some friends, got dressed and then went to the mall. It was a trip taken for no reason--just felt like I needed to go. I walked around the mall, stopping to try on some cute dresses where Lyd works, when I ran into a friend I used to work with at the Macaroni Grill. We were really good friends, hanging out on a regular basis until I came back from Mozambique and in the midst of everything, we lost touch. As we sat on a bench outside of the Fossil store, we talked for over an hour about the way both of our lives had drastically changed in the last 6 months. While we are two completely different individuals, we both had really bad break-ups and he had been in terrible car accident and hospitalized for over a week. He was so hurt by what had happened...was made out to be a terrible person by someone who was supposed to be a friend and now, the love of his life, sees a person he simply is not. He cried to me. I understood because I know it's the worst feeling in the world to feel misunderstood. It's crippling. Makes you feel helpless. To have your character and heart attacked...Jesus, let me never do that.

After my long talk with him, I went out to dinner with an old, new friend and his family, whom I absolutely LOVE. There are few places and groups of people I feel at home with and coincidently, they just happen to be one of them.

Cila and I woke up yesterday and, of course, went to Starbucks for my grande soy chai and her grande soy no whip no foam five pump gingerbread latte. We drove down to Spring Hill to hang out with her mom for awhile. It was fun...we sat in her kitchen while her mom cooked, just chatting about their lives and family. We left and went to my family's house in Chapel Hill where we had the weirdest Thanksgiving dinner EVER. Haha...whatever, it was fun. Lyd was over so its always good to see and hang out with her.

And last night? Let's just say I woke up with the same smile I fell asleep with...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home