1.18.2006

I love feeling little. I love closing my eyes and burying myself into the arms of my Jesus. My lover. My heart's home. I love feeling the sovereignity of my King and taking my place in the palm of his presence, hiding away in the wrinkle of his hands.

Then, just as his comfort envelops the essence of who I am, I feel his fingers curl open, ever so gently. Movement. Do I dare peek? A tiny glance reveals we've taken flight, going up. Where? Not sure. Not sure I even want to know. Or see. It's funny. Speed accelerating yet I am firm, steady in papa's palm. Eyes close again and I feel wind on my cheek . It's the wind of Papa's breath, as he whispers in my ear...

If you live in my heart, you have all of me. You are not alone. No need to fear for my hands are with yours, my feet are with yours and my words are yours.

Deep breath. Ok. Eyes tight, I put my hands down to feel the coolness of Papa's skin, noticing how compared to his, my fingers were like grains of sand on miles of beach. So small. Hands firmly on his, I pull my feet underneath my body and begin to straighten my legs. Slow. Legs upright, I pull up my shoulders. I'm up.

The wind of the world is pushing against my body. Flying? Impossible. I don't dare open my eyes.

"Lift up your eyes from where you are. Look to the North, South, East & West. Everything in your sight I am giving to you."

A glimpse. Soaring. Fear blown adrift as my eyes widen at what they behold. Silence seems loud as I realize what I am seeing. Secrets. Of my heart. Of His. As if he was showing me clips of His plans. For our life...and the world.

Unspeakable. Dare I believe?

Stay firm in my palm. Abide in my heart. My hands are constant. Unshakeable. Your home is here. Rest forever.
But the time is now. Open your eyes.
And Stand.
Stand. When no one else will. You must.

OK. I am. I believe.

1 Comments:

Blogger go to www.chadjarnagin.com said...

Nice. Smile:)


CJ

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home